Crack cocaine training
There are a lot of people who lack confidence when working with crack cocaine users. This 2 day course will develop your understanding of Psycho-Stimulant Users, by increasing your knowledge and skills in relation to working with clients who use crack/cocaine. We explore reasons for using, cravings and harm reduction approaches to both smoked and injected crack use.
As with all Injecting Advice LTD courses the main focus is on giving delegates the practical skills required to work within needle programmes.
Who is the course for
This course was designed for anyone whose role brings them into contact with crack cocaine users.
- Understand how crack is produced
- Understand the range of effects on the system
- Identify how people use cocaine and crack
- Understand harm reduction strategies related to crack injecting
- Understand harm reduction strategies related to crack piping
- Become aware of the issues of mixing other drugs
- Compare the range of treatment options available
- Consider the latest knowledge and research on interventions and identify best practice
- Describe how you will respond to the needs of crack/cocaine users
- Explore attitudes to crack/cocaine use
- Understand how to use a number of different tools to aid support session
This two day Working with Crack Use training can be booked directly for your service or user group.