Intro to Harm Reduction training
As with all Injecting Advice LTD courses the main focus is on giving delegates the practical skills required to work within a harm reduction methodology.
Who is the course for
This course was designed for anyone working within non-substance misuse services, eg nurses, police, social services staff and other care organisations. However it also works as a great primer for both new and experienced drugs workers interested in attending either the 'Working within NSPs' or 'Working with Crack Users' training.
- Understand the philosophy behind harm reduction
- Examine the categorisation of substances in relation to harm
- Understand how harm reduction 'fits' in with recovery
- Be able to relate harm reduction to daily life
- Explore national and international campaigns
- Develop harm reduction programmes specific to your own client group
This one day Intro to Harm Reduction training can be booked directly for your service or user group.