National Wound Care Guide (Scotland)
This resource aims to help people working within harm reduction and injection equipment provision (IEP) services, and anyone who works with people who inject drugs, to assess injection sites and identify potential complications arising from injecting street drugs.
The guide discusses different types of injuries and wounds, signs and symptoms of infection, prevention and simple treatments. It also describes problems with the lower limb which can occur as a result of injecting.
- Wound Healing and Assessment
- Common Injecting Injuries
- Peripheral Vascular Disease
- Life Threatening Conditions
- Blood Borne Viruses
- Top 10 Tips and Practical Resources
- Glossary of Terms